MEET UP DURING BIAFF 2015 ?

IAC General Discussions
Dave Watterson

MEET UP DURING BIAFF 2015 ?

Post by Dave Watterson »

Most years we have tried to get some of the forum readers/writers together during BIAFF, just to say hello and put faces to names.

As yet we do not have the timetable for this year's festival, but what about trying to meet perhaps just after screenings on Saturday for quick drink before going off to prettify ourselves for the gala dinner?
Willy

Re: MEET UP DURING BIAFF 2015 ?

Post by Willy »

This is a message for "Competitions, festivals...", Dave! Very bad of you. I must warn you. I will tell the webmaster!

Prettifying? Fine feathers make fine birds! I will do my utmost, but I fear it is helpless. To wear a bow tie or not not to wear a bow tie? That's the question. I remember that in Buxton 15 years ago all men were wearing a bow tie and most ladies were wearing a long dress. How nice Afifa was in her Indian dress! One moment she was standing next to our Japanese Toshi Sakurai from Belgium in Europe. The atmosphere was very intercontinental. Everything was very formal.

I entered the dining room and I sat down immediately. That was wrong! I had to stand behind my chair first. The Master of Ceremonies told us when to sit down. Shall I wear a black suit? It was like that last century. It changed from Norwich onwards. I was surprised to see a VIP wearing a suit, but also tennis shoes. I have already thought of wearing my jeans and my brown pullover this time.

I will be in Sittingbourne for a very quick drink, Dave, unless ... In Bedford I could not be there. At this moment I feel much better, but I am allowed to drink only mineral watter. Still, not sparkling. Sparkling is not good for your stomach!

I have already booked a room at the Coniston Hotel. Sittingbourne is not so far from us. About 375 kilometres from my house. The hotel looks nice. Very cosy. I am looking forward to see all forum-friends.
Willy Van der Linden